Tuesday 21 May 2013

Interactive ordering system in Inamo Restaurant


The first impression when I entered a restaurant, I will imagine what I want to order to fill my rumbling stomach. Sometimes I intend to order a few dishes but in reality I am rarely been able to finish a full plate of fried rice… When I am in the restaurant, I always will have a look on their floor, equipment, attire of the worker and their attitude. Sometimes I had to wait until 30 minutes to be entertained by the workers to take my order.

There is a technology that designed for the restaurant operation called interactive ordering system. It is a system where the customer can see and order the intended food through a few tap on the touchpad. Well,  a few restaurants in Malaysia should have this kind of ordering system used by Inamo Restaurant from London. This system can encounter with the problem such as idle time and others. In my opinion, the owner of the restaurant can save money in the long term because they didn’t need a large number or workers since the ordering system are using by system. The restaurant also only needs a few workers to send the order only. 


                      Source: www.inamorestaurant.com.uk

The other feature that amazed me is where the customer may adjust and setting what kind of environment they want. The visual on the table can be changes depend on the preference of the customers. When the customers are ready to make an order, they just need to tap the touchpad.  During the preparation of the food, the customer may see what is happens in the kitchen through the touchpad. 



                      Source: www.inamorestaurant.com.uk


                      Source: www.inamorestaurant.com.uk

A projector above each table beams down icons for browsing the menu, ordering food, and checking up on the bill. The plate stays blank until customers use a touchpad to open the menu and click on items. Once a dish is chosen, the order's sent to the kitchen. While customers waiting for their food, they can play games such as battleship and those wrapping up their meals can order a taxi or browse the interactive subway map.

                            Source: YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment